Barwon Timber is the leading timber and building product supplier to trade builders in Geelong and the surrounding region. We supply and provide a broad range of products and services to our customer base who cover the commercial, domestic and retail building sectors.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and passionate Account Manager to join our field sales team to continue to provide our customers with quality products and services, provide market feedback to the Sales and Marketing team and contribute toward the continued growth of our sales and ongoing profitability of the group.
Our Account Managers work independently in the field with assistance and support from our office based management and sales teams. This includes on site calls with builders, developers, architects, and homeowners. It also includes helping to organise and attend customer and marketing events. With a strong approach to teamwork and innovation, our Account Managers must understand our marketing channels as they are required to assist with these.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience as an Account Manager or in a sales role.
- Experience in the building and construction industry (essential) with a comprehensive and current knowledge of building products and services.
- Work planning and scheduling with ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously.
- Complete periodic reporting and give insight on sales metrics for your allocated customer base.
- Familiarity with relevant digital tools (e.g. Office suite, CRM and ERP/point of sale software)
- Adaptable communication techniques, ability to communicate professionally in written, verbal an interpersonal interactions.
Position includes a fully maintained company car with salary commensurate with experience. Our offices are based in Breakwater, Geelong but all tools are provided for hybrid work arrangements for greater flexibility.
Barwon Timber is a wholly independent, family owned business. Our business is very customer centric and values the contribution from our people and partners. Our team values the contribution they make to the businesses’ culture, ongoing innovations and success. Our group of businesses also include Bar-Truss and Drysdale Home Timber and Hardware.